What is a Macro?
A macro is a series of commands and functions that are stored in a Microsoft Visual Basic module which an be executed whenever there is a need to perform a particular task.
Few points about Macros :-
- Macros are written in VBA.
- VBA (Visual basic for Applications) is a subset of VB Programming Language.
- It can automate all the repetitive work which is done manually in excel or any other application.
- It is useful when we have loads of data to play with in excel.
- It can even automate Web Pages,Web Services,Microsoft Outlook,HP Quality Center,Microsoft Word etc.
- It is a useful alternative of other complex automation tools like QTP,Selenium etc.